A new patch will seek to address some of the bugs reported with Yooka-Laylee, including performance woes and camera issues.
Kickstarter supporters who’ve selected to receive their reward on Xbox can download the patch now, whereas PC and PlayStation 4 players will have to wait until release day, April 11.
Here’s the full change log:
- [Fixed] Camera will become locked in place after completing Gravity Room challenge in Galleon
- [Fixed] Grappling the seeds as they break in Planker’s challenge causes erratic behaviour in Moodymaze Marsh
- [Fixed] Game softlocks and has to be reset if the player leaves the course and faints during the Nimble race in Tribalstack Tropics
- [Fixed] Softlock will sometimes occur on the Hub C slide if the player faints at the same moment as the timer reaching zero
- [Fixed] If the player leaves Brreeeze Block’s room in the Icymetric Palace in Glitterglaze Glacier but remains in the world and returns to the same room then the isometric camera will be deactivated
- [Fixed] If player is killed by a bizzy in hub B and knocked back into the archive door at the exact same time, the screen will still transition. When the player respawns, they will be unable to move
- Performance improvements to various camera transitions in the introductory cut scene
- Performance improvements to Shipwreck Creek and Hivory Towers. Various areas have been improved including camera movement
- Performance improvements when using the light beam in the Icymetric Palace within Glitterglaze Glacier
- Performance improvements during the House of Cards ball roll course in Capital Cashino
- Performance improvements in the Bee-Bop arcade game
We gave the game a not-so-impressive 35/100 in our Yooka-Laylee review, stating it’s “a game stuck twenty years in the past, hoping a new coat of paint will hide an otherwise unchanged dated core structure”.
“I don’t know what else to say. Yooka Laylee, you’re just a poor facsimile of something I used to love. You really didn’t impress me.”