With the recent reveal that Overwatch’s poster child Tracer is a gay, lady-loving homosexual woman person, the gaming community has been all aflutter wondering which Overwatch character will be next to be revealed as a member of the LGBT community. With numerous pieces of canon media to pull evidence from, we decided it was our duty to speculate on which character would next be revealed to be LGBT.
ALL OF THEM
Yep, the results of our investigative research reveal that EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IN OVERWATCH IS GAY, LESBIAN, BISEXUAL, ASEXUAL, TRANS, NON-BINARY OR AGENDER.
I know, it’s hard to imagine, but it’s true. Every single bloody one of them.
Not a single one is straight and/or cisgender.
- Roadhog and Junkrat are totally lovely charming gay lovers. Junkrat is a cute as heck trans man.
- D.Va is clearly a trans girl, and a cute geeky dweebish one at that. Our evidence? Pssshhhh, who needs evidence when it’s this obvious.
- Pharah and Mercy are calm responsible lesbian mums to the rest of Overwatch.
- Zenyatta and Genji are totally smoochy tech boyfriends for ever and ever.
- Reaper’s boyfriend is a little face he drew on his hand. They’re very happy together. Homoromantic but asexual Reaper loves his fake smiley hand boyfriend. He occasionally likes to go to rock shows then afterwards cuddle with Soldier 76. They bond over being a pair of overworked angsty dads.
- Hanzo and McCree are not dating yet, but they’re in that awkward flirting stage where they clearly both want to do something but are too shy to make the first move.
- Winston is asexual. Sex is just a distraction from the finer things life and his friends have to offer him on an intellectual level. Reinhardt has a thing for Winston but respects his lack of sexual interest.
- Zarya shoots the colours of the trans pride flag out of her damn gun.
- Mei is Asexual and romantically interested in women. Her and Zarya get on like a house on fire.
- Ana, Widowmaker, and Sombra are a queer poly kink trio.
- Bastion’s content to just make friends with birds.
- Torbjörn is a polyamourous pansexual. Each of his children has a different happy second parent.
Or, you know, all of those are wrong. Point is, they’re ALL some flavour of non straight and non cisgender.
All of them are gay and trans and bisexual and non-binary and asexual and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Video games are turning gay, and Overwatch is patient zero.
Run in fear, mere mortals. Our time has come.